Re: Plastic spring clamps

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 11/29/02-08:15:11 AM Z

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Sandy King wrote:

> Perhaps the gravity of southern latitudes makes the plastic holders
> work better, or maybe they just make better ones down there. However,
> the ones that I have bought here in the states have less holding
> power than an anemic flea.

I believe the fleas are stronger in these parts, but I'd warn anyway
against plastic spring clamps if they're what I visualize -- they leave a
strong u-shaped indent in the paper, which doesn't soak out. I use them,
because they're handly & clean, but they're not troublefree.

IME the wooden clothespins work OK, as long as you're careful to see that
the line goes through the space intended, that is, doesn't interfere with
the grip. It's not ideal, but, if it matters (and I find it unaesthetic),
this type damages the paper less than others.
.