Re: [Fwd: Pyro Schmyro]

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 10/01/02-12:27:37 PM Z

Sandy King wrote:
> Are you adjusting development for N+ situations with TRI-X and HC-110
> by varying the dilution of the developer, or by varying time? Or both?

Both. I try to keep times from 3 to 6 minutes and double or halve the
developer concentration when required. Typical dilutions I use are 16
ml/l, 32 ml/l, 64 ml/l, 128 ml/l, 256 ml/l.

I have used 512 ml/l for N+5 but this is not a linear progression as
with the other dilutions. I have used 8 ml/l but with twice the amount
of solution to make sure it has enough capacity. Also, in general I
have found the capacity of the HC-110 to be half that given by Kodak.
The capacity I use for a typical negative at 64 ml/l is two 8x10 per
liter. If the negative has a lot of area to develop, I change the
capacity to one. The capacity I use at 16 ml/l is one 8x10 per liter.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/