RE: x ray

From: James Young (jamiehy@globaldialog.com)
Date: 10/04/02-09:35:50 AM Z

>I have had trouble with this recently, where the guards insisted
>that the boxes had to go through the X ray machine. I wonder if
>it's better just to put film in your bag that you are going to be
>checking. Most airports I think still don't scan luggage that is
>going to be checked onto the plane, do they? I think the Nashville
>airport is getting a huge baggage scanner for that purpose, but last
>time I was there they didn't have it.

Putting film into checked baggage is a major no no. Although some
airports don't have the big machines, more are getting them, and they
don't exactly announce it. The checked baggage machines are very high
energy and will ruin you film. see kodak's web site and read their
warnings about it. AND DON'T CHECK that film.
Jamie Young