Re: Digital negs from pigment printers?

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 10/14/02-02:13:00 AM Z

Hi Judy,

Have you tried making your curve using a reflective densitometer on the
printed step tablet? That should get you beyond the guessing point.

There is a reason they call the Epson 10000 the Epson $10000.

No, I don't use it just to print negatives hehehe By the way, a lot of people
with large format printers like this print at 720 dpi. With large prints,
especially on matte watercolor papers, you can't tell the difference ... even
more so at a normal viewing distance. Prints are much faster at 720. For
finer things, though, like printing negatives, I set it at 1440. This also
helps avoid micro banding of the image. I also reset the printer to print in
8 passes, which makes the image even smoother. Always avoid bi-directional
printing and high speed printing for this type of work...it takes a little
longer, but it makes a MUCH better negative.

Mark Nelson