Re: Digital negs from pigment printers?

From: Andrew Darlow (andy@andydarlow.com)
Date: 10/14/02-08:53:56 AM Z

Hi Judy:

If you don't need to go larger than 13" wide, the discontinued 2000P
has the same inks as the 10000, which is 44" in width. You can pick
one of those up for $300-500 used or $600 refurbished. They are
rather slow and ink can get expensive, but they work well.

I've used the Pictorico with the new Ultrachrome printer(7600-24"
wide) but not for making digital negs. The 2200 is the 13" wide
version and the cost is about $700. I would think that someone on
this list has tried those inks for digital negs by now.

All the best!

Andrew Darlow

Photography, Digital Print Consulting and Custom Editions
Andrew Darlow Images International - www.andrewdarlow.com
Author: Inkjet Tip of the Month Club (newsletter)