Re: paper and film testing

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/14/02-08:40:20 PM Z

Shannon wrote:

>Sandy wrote:
>>

>> I find it odd that the EFS would be 250 regardless of time of
>> development. In looking at several different tests I have done with
>> TRI-X, when the choses DR is set to 1.4 (close to your 1.38 for AZO) I
>> get approximately the following results, which are something of an
>> average I got in tests with HC-110 1:20, Pyrocat 2:2:100, and ABC+
>> 1:1:50.
>>
>> SBR 10 EFS 100
>> SBR 9 EFS 160
>> SBR 8 EFS 250
>> SBR 7 EFS 320
>> SBR 6 EFS 400
>> SBR 5 EFS 500
>
>Your numbers are more along the lines of what I expected. Maybe I should
>run my numbers through the Plotter program myself so I'll understand this
>better. I tried to use the old Mac version today but I couldn't get it to
>work. Is there any way I can judge the ISOs myself based on the curves I
>got back? I think there is a little triangle thing that you make and
>place on the curves in a certain way, and then you put a ruler under the
>curves and draw lines down to the ruler and find your ISO that way?
>
>--shannon

The old Mac version of Plotter will not work on Macs with systems
later than about 8 because of extension conflicts. I have hung on to
an old Mac laptop with System 7.5 just for running Plotter.

I am fairly sure that Davis describes how to determine film speed but
I have never actually done this manually.

Sandy