Re: paper and film testing

From: David Eastman (clearemulsions@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/15/02-09:27:05 PM Z

Hi Don.

Yes, use of a desensitizer is not a requirement... for
developing by inspection. But I think it might be
useful.

provided by panchromatic safelights, you wrote: "That
may indicate that you could be partially color
blind...."

I HOPE NOT! I have enjoyed colors... intense colors
for many years, (maybe I enjoyed them a bit too much
during the 60's....? Nah! ...don't think so!)

Actually, even if I were color blind... would't I be
able to see a b/w image under green light? Human
vision is most sensitive to green (yellow green?)
I belive and if the light is adequate, I think I
should be able to see better than I did using the
panchromatic filter.

Have you used one of these lights/filters? I am sure
some people have done so successfully, but you get
less than 30 seconds and well for me, the amount of
information I can under those conditions is not worth
it.

In the dark,

Ray

Ray