RE: Suitable trays for large prints

From: James Young (jamiehy@globaldialog.com)
Date: 10/17/02-09:34:13 PM Z

I get plexiglass cut to the Size I need. I use 1/4 " for the bottom.
My trays tend to be long and thin up to 17" by 10 feet, but just
plan the size you need. Most plastics places cut whatever size you
need, so if you plan it out
then they will cut the bottom, sides and ends. The acrylic
solvent/glue is easy to use, and you just stick the pieces together.I
start by putting one side on the bottom piece, then butting the two
ends against the side and bottom. Then I fit the last side tight to
the end pieces and bottom. Sometimes there saw marks in the plexi
that won't give as tight a fit. The plastic places sell a scraper
that smooths the edges by taking a small amount off at a time. This
works great.
To make a better seal use the thick acrylic glue and run around the
seams. I sometimes put a triangular piece into the side/bottom corner
to add strength.
So far I have had no leaks and great custom trays to do alt process
work with my cirkut cameras. try it It's easy. Jamie Young in
Madison WI