RE: vho bl tubes

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 10/19/02-12:27:09 PM Z

On Fri, 1 Jan 1904, Sandy King wrote:
> Another issue is total wattage. I am working at this time with a 12
> unit bank of 48" normal output BLB tubes, at 40 watts each, for
> total of 480 watts. The same unit in VHO design would consume 1380
> watts. That is near the limit of modern circuits and may be too much
> for some circuits in older homes.

Another issue is control. Some of my exposures with ordinary SG film are
1 minute. With digital negatives they could go down as low as 30 seconds
for gum. True, a gum printer is unlikely to go this route anyway.... but
still this sounds like overkill, unless there's some other improved
quality not yet made clear.

But on 2nd thought, didn't someone on list recently mention trouble with
the digital ballasts?

J.