Re: reciprocity failure chart failure

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 10/20/02-02:10:21 PM Z

Shannon Stoney wrote:
> ... My exposures ranged from
> about five seconds to ten minutes, in one case. Most of them were
> about two to three minutes.
> Kodak's chart says, for example, that if your metered time is 10
> seconds, your actual time is 50 seconds, and to cut development by
> 20%. ...

For Tri-X, I used Kodak's recipricocity data for a start and then
modified it to my own test results. Also my results give slightly
differing reciprcocity adjustment for various levels of development. As
it seems to be, it is best to check it for your personal situation. If
one does make a negative strictly according to Kodak's directions, then
it seems that their data may actually be valid.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/