Re: Dumb question about chemistry

From: joel lederer (lederer613@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/05/02-03:33:40 PM Z

I really do think that this is feasible. The color of the material depends
on the way its molecules refract light. I've been told that a "cold" silver
print has larger grains of silver which give a bluer look and a "warm"
silver print has smaller grains and refracts more yellow light. Someone in
"the know" could probably have better ideas though.

Don't know about using the zia process (never done it) but here is an idea
to try-
After making the rgb sep. negs. use cyanotype for the cyan, a silver process
(like kallitype or whatever) for the yellow (minimal exposure to silver will
be yellow) and chrysotype (gold) for the magenta- (I've only gotten a maroon
from humid chrysotype but worth a shot)- if you need a black you could do
pt/pd from a contrasty neg.

This seems like more trouble than its worth, but if you could pull it off
you might get your name in some Guinness book of photo world records. I for
one would be impressed!

good luck
Joel lederer