Depression-era fashion in the New Yorker

From: shannon stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 09/07/02-07:27:06 AM Z

I wonder if anybody on this list has looked at the most recent issue
of the New Yorker. There are some faux-Depression-era photographs in
there, the purpose of which seems to be to sell rich people on the
idea that it would be cool to look like an Alabama sharecropper
cotton farmer, circa 1933, or maybe a Migrant Mother. These
photographed enraged me on a really visceral level, and I'm not sure
why.

--shannon