Re: water affecting development; washing big negatives

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/06/02-10:00:16 AM Z

Shannon,

Water source can definitely affect developer activity. That twenty-minute
time in straight D-76 to get 2.0 on TXT is really slow. From my experience
it sounds as though your TN water is slowing development while the TX water
is working fairly normal.

Running water into a tray does not make a good wash. I think by far the best
wash for sheet film is as follows. Two trays, negs in left tray. Run a
couple inches of water into the tray on right, then move negs one at a time
into it. Dump left tray, exchange the positions, and repeat. Keep this up
for ten minutes. This is a perfect wash because it combines complete changes
of water with certain agitation of each sheet.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: