Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/08/02-01:04:37 AM Z

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 jeffbuck@swcp.com wrote:

> ...I find the personality that emerges from [Minor White's] writing
absolutely
> insufferable. -jb

Oh yeah, and that's probably what set off the young AD Coleman. I never
read enough of it to really suffer, because I couldn't get through it. But
this raises the question of relation between artist or photographer's
words and his/her work. There are others -- for instance Robert Adams. I
found his book fairly readable & intelligent -- it's his photographs I
found insufferable. They could put the Sominex people out of business.

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of now...

J.