acids

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/08/02-11:07:39 AM Z

      I'm still working on this mordancage thing. Question: what is the
difference between acetic acid and nitric acid? I mean, in activity, as I
know the compounds are different. It seems probable that the acetic is more
innocuous perhaps? Is nitric in any way dangerous to use, e.g. fumes etc.?
Any comments would be welcome to a non-chemist such as myself. (I did the
mistake of doing early admissions into college, missing my senior year in
highschool, and avoided the high school chem class and college as well. What
a mistake.)
Chris