Re: acids

From: Chunin Martinez (chunin@cimphoto.com)
Date: 09/08/02-11:42:16 AM Z

I can't tell the exact difference between them but I have used them not in
printing but in chemistry. I can say that Nitric Acid is one of the
strongest that I have used and it is many times stronger than Acetic Acid.
Acetic Acid is relatively weak and comparable to Citric Acid found in citrus
fruits and also comparable to vinegar. Acetic Acid is what is used as a
stop bath in B&W photography. Nitric Acid is strong enough to be used to
ignite gun powder.

Chunin Martinez