Re: Gum bichromate and photographing the nude, was Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/10/02-01:21:08 PM Z

Sandy,

For some reason, I did not recieve your post, but fortunately caught it in
Katherine's response. I must plead guilty to sending the conversation south
by goosing someone with a few comments about hunger, etc. I was going to
sort of bring it back on topic by relating it to a pictorial I recently saw
in National Geographic while leafing through a stack looking for pictures of
naked natives. The article said that there is an over abundance of honkers
in the US due to overly successful conservation efforts.

Now back to Naked Gum Printers. Since I had heard that gum was a soft medum
to print in, I was planning on doing a series of male/female nudes in gum,
since it would seem that gum would render the soft curves of the body well.
However, since this turns out not to be the case, perhaps I'll just make some
blurred platinum negatives.

Even more on topic and more serious, someone mentioned earlier in a post (and
I lost the post) that they had been working one a Photoshop curve for gum.
I would be interested in hearing more on their findings.

SINcerely,

Mark Nelson

<< > What with discussions on on shooting and eating geese the "Calendar