Re: Gum bichromate and photographing the nude, was Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 09/10/02-08:40:23 AM Z

Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Sandy,

Since I had heard that gum was a soft medum
> to print in, I was planning on doing a series of male/female nudes in gum,
> since it would seem that gum would render the soft curves of the body well.
> However, since this turns out not to be the case, perhaps I'll just make some
> blurred platinum negatives.

Chuckle. Yeah, okay, you do that....

The first gum image I saw, that made me think gum might be the thing I
had been searching for, was in Suda House's book Artistic Photographic
Processes. I think. Anyway, wherever it was, it was one of Todd Walker's
gum nudes on silk. Incredible, soft and beautiful.
kt