Re: Pyro after-bath

PhotonTom@aol.com
Date: 09/20/02-11:38:31 AM Z

I have just again started using PMK pyro [my last foray into pyro was as a
youth over 40 years ago (!) doing ABC pyro by inspection (!!) on 4X5
Agfapan]... I also thought of using carbonate or the like if indeed the stain
increase is due only to alkalinity. I tried using the Kodalk (metaborate)
also, but find it stubborn to dissolve.
I do use Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent, which is proprietary but I believe I have
read does contain metaborate. On the "KISS" principle maybe I'll just wash
a long time after the clearing agent bath.
     In any case my first tests with Tri-X and Arista films have me once
again excited by B&W...the negatives just print so nicely...no blocked
highlights and the prints, even quick proof enlargements, have a wonderful
quality.
     I have another thought on PMK and will post it to a new thread (Pyro:
aged stock)

Cheers,
     Tom Crowe
     Thomas Crowe Studios-Photographic Arts
     "Lost in East Tennessee" (Yearning to return to Southern California
again)