Re: digital question (flaunt expertise, please...)

From: Kerik (Kerik@Kerik.com)
Date: 09/20/02-02:36:54 PM Z

Larry Roohr wrote:

>I received a palladium print in the mail yesterday made with Dan's 'color
>table' method on a 1280, knocked my socks off.
>
>I havnt spent any time with the 'color table' or the 'colorize' method
>because the engineer in me just couldnt get past the thought of only using
>two of four inks available, the curve is extreme and squashes the values
>into a very narrow range, the histograms get demolished, plus you almost
>cant see the image on the negative.
>
>Well, the proofs in the pudding.

Yes, it is. I took Dan's workshop last month and have had good results
creating negs with the 1280/colorize approach. It took some
perseverance to get past some posterization and banding problems, but in
the end, I've made some negs on the Pictorico OHP that are working well
for platinum and gum over platinum. Have not tried them with straight
gum yet, but will be doing that soon.

Kerik