pumpkin

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/21/02-09:41:11 PM Z

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Shannon Stoney wrote:

> this has been my experience also. I love to photograph people's porch
> and yard decorations. When I do this with a little digital camera,
> they are immediately suspicious (of what I'm not sure: planning to
> kidnap their pumpkin?), but when I use the big 8x10 or 4x5, they are
> interested, chatty, and even a bit flattered.

Shannon, as I noted a few pages back, I had a similar experience on 42nd
street. When I set up the tripod (even with the little 35 mm on it)
folks were "interested, chatty... flattered." I attributed it to the
power of the phallic symbol -- tripod -- tho I daresay there were
other factors, including that I (you) was (were) less mobile than they
were.

J.