Pyro Schmyro

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 09/21/02-09:30:14 PM Z

I tried something like this inquiry a month or so ago and got no
response. Perhaps on this occasion some of the more indulgent members of
the list are checking their email:

Let's say that I don't give a flying flip (note the carefully-crafted
euphemisms, Gordon) how my negatives would work for silver printing (hence,
I don't care whether my negatives will work both for silver and
pt/pd)..... In that case, what is the justification for bothering with
pyro? Assume as well that I reject the Great Separation in the High Values
justification (Dick Arentz seems to reject it; surely I know no better than
he) and that, while I appreciate the economy of pyro, I doubt that the
economy alone offsets the disadvantages of pyro. So, there then -- Why use
pyro?

Jeff Buckels