RE: Pyro Schmyro

From: Kerik Kouklis (kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 09/21/02-10:32:49 PM Z

Jefferey claims:

> Assume as well that I reject the Great Separation in the
> High Values
> justification (Dick Arentz seems to reject it; surely I know no
> better than he) and that, while I appreciate the economy of pyro,
> I doubt that the
> economy alone offsets the disadvantages of pyro. So, there then
> -- Why use pyro?

If you would rather reject the claimed effects of the developer on
some-one's say-so rather than investigating it yourself, then I don't know
why my say-so would make any difference...

But, whatever - I've been using various forms of Pyro for at least 10 years.
Here's why (in no particular order):

1) makes great negs for platinum
2) economical
3) very forgiving - almost impossible to ruin a neg in Pyro
4) makes great negs for gum over platinum
5) easy to use
6) makes great negs for gum
7) gives your negs a cool green color which will impress your friends
8) makes great negs for platinum
9) gives great separation in the highlights
10) has no disadvantages that I can think of

I'm not saying other developers don't have some or all of these
characteristics (except for maybe the cool color), they probably do. Go
forth and use them, I say! For the films and processes that I use, Pyro does
the things on this list with flying, yellow-green colors!

Magic? No.

Really great, versatile developer? Yes.

Did I mention that it makes great negs for platinum and gumover??

I guess I did...

Kerik

ps ABC+ (aka Rollo Pyro) is my pyro of choice currently.