Re: cotton gloves for film handling

From: Ross Chambers (maelduin@ozemail.com.au)
Date: 09/29/02-01:12:12 AM Z

When I was a sound and sometimes film editor many of my colleagues did wear
a cotton glove on only one hand, the one left over was handy for odd jobs
like removing wax pencil marks. Perhaps that's where Mark's box of oddments
came from. I'd try Panavision or some other supplier of motion picture
negative matching requisites, I have seen a very few one-hour lab people use
them very occasionally, perhaps they could spare a few?

Regards - Ross Chambers

on 29/9/02 2:43, Ender100@aol.com at Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Sandy,
>
> I have a whole box of them here, but they are all for the left hand... if you
> can find a box of right handed gloves, we can swap......
>
> hehehehehe seriously, I can't remember where I purchased them, but you might
> try Calumet or Light Impressions... they might even have the ones that go
> all the way up to your elbow for handling your 20 x 24 film... or they make
> nice evening wear.
>
> Mark Nelson
> In a message dated 9/28/02 11:14:25 AM, sanking@clemson.edu writes:
>
> << Does anyone know of a source for disposable, lightweight cotton
> gloves that could be used for film handling, say as when loading and
> unloading sheet film in film holders?
>
> Sandy King >>

Ross Chambers
Sydney NSW