Re: cotton gloves for film handling

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 09/29/02-03:52:58 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Chambers" <maelduin@ozemail.com.au>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: cotton gloves for film handling

> When I was a sound and sometimes film editor many of my
colleagues did wear
> a cotton glove on only one hand, the one left over was
handy for odd jobs
> like removing wax pencil marks. Perhaps that's where
Mark's box of oddments
> came from. I'd try Panavision or some other supplier of
motion picture
> negative matching requisites, I have seen a very few
one-hour lab people use

wrote:

> > Sandy,
> >
> > I have a whole box of them here, but they are all for
the left hand... if you
> > can find a box of right handed gloves, we can swap......
> >
> > hehehehehe seriously, I can't remember where I purchased
them, but you might
> > try Calumet or Light Impressions... they might even
have the ones that go
> > all the way up to your elbow for handling your 20 x 24
film... or they make

sanking@clemson.edu writes:

> > << Does anyone know of a source for disposable,
lightweight cotton
> > gloves that could be used for film handling, say as when
> > unloading sheet film in film holders?
> >
> > Sandy King >>
> >

> ===========================
> Ross Chambers
> Sydney NSW
> Australia
> maelduin@ozemail.com.au
>
> ===========================

  I think both Calumet and Freestyle carry cotton film
gloves. Probably cheaper than any of the motion picture
supply places. Any old thing used in motion picture
production somehow turns to pure gold.
  The main requirement for the gloves are that they be
lintless.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA