Re: John Hurlock's cold mercury development / was Slowest development

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 04/03/03-03:44:26 AM Z

Agustin,

Plates developed in this manner generally have a cooler appearance.
However, depending on the coating cycle used, the amount of time in development,

and your gilding technique, you can achieve neutral tones in the image. I would
highly
recommend this method for starting with the process because it eliminates a
whole nest
of problems that you'll need to deal with in mercury development and allows you
to concentrate
on the real challenge which is plate preparation and finding interesting images
to photograph.

-Phillip