Re: John Hurlock's cold mercury development / was Slowest development

From: Agustin (abarrutia@velocom.com.ar)
Date: 04/05/03-02:27:24 PM Z

Thank you everyone for your income on Mercury and Bequerel development of
Daguerreotypes.
Phillip, from what I´ve experienced, the most important part of the process
is the polish of the plate. To get a pure clear image, with good contrast
and definition. The polishing times I´ ve been using are arround 30 min to 1
hour with different "brushes" with 6x6cm plates. And the last process is
what my teacher calls "buffing", with a special neutral PH cotton.
>From what I´ve seen of modern dags, I can say that I notice a lack of good
polishing of the plate.
Christopher, your work is impresive!.
One last question. Did anyone try the Iodide/Bromide formula?. I´ve read a
short note about it, but I´d like a more detailed description of the
process. Any Bibliography/website you would recomend?
Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Agustin Barrutia.

---