Re: bronzing/solarizing/plating out

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 04/07/03-12:50:55 AM Z

Hi Chris,

I think the problems I was having with kallitype had to do with my adding
gum arabic to the sensitizer. I was adding it in the hopes of keeping the
sensitizer on top of the paper to get better Dmax. I recently read in The
New Platinum Print that platinum/palladium prints are prone to
solarization - get lighter in areas where they should get darker with more
exposure - if a thin layer of sensitizer rests on top of the paper rather
than in the fibers. I guess the gum was working better than I thought
because I have had no more problems since I stopped using it.

Thanks for the info,

Scott
smwbmp@starpower.net