Re: Film Speed and Negative Development

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 04/08/03-05:36:26 PM Z

Greg,

I can almost live with whatever film speed I get. I thought that it might be
about 1/2 - 1 stop less, I just didn't expect it to be 3-4 stops less than
what the manufacturer rated it at. If that is truly the case then I will
just go back to shooting Pan F+ (ASA/ISO 50) which gives me an EI of 32 with
the same setup, chemistry, and processing.

What I don't get is that all of the published data shows a higher EI than
what I am getting; some times higher than what the manufacturer rated it at.
Could my setup be that far off that I am loosing 3-4 stops?

Scott
smwbmp@starpower.net