Re: Thomas Duplex Sodium Vapor Safelight

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 04/08/03-08:56:31 PM Z

> > > Dear Group,
> > > Is anyone using the Thomas Duplex safelight for Alternative processes?
>
> Don, don't you trust me?

Yes I do.

> I PROMISE that you don't need a safelight of
> any kind or color for coating alternative processes. Unless you're
> feeling undeserving, and want to suffer? And I'm not the only one who
> points that out, though maybe the only one who hasn't given up...

How bright are the lights that you use. I can't deal with "bug" lights as
they seem to affect my eyes and they become quite tired after as short
period.

> On the other hand, that safelight fogged lith film in the twinkling of an
> eye, even on low... so if that's what you mean by "alternative," don't.

I wouldn't know about lith film and the Thomas. I beleive you might be
asking for trouble there.

And to everyone else that sent replies to my question, thank you all very
much. I agree totally that testing is called for on my part and that the
coin test is only reliable when a treshold exposure is given.

On the other hand the Thomas Duplex light with filters puts out light at
about 539 nm so that doesn't seem to me there would be much if any UV
radiation in the light source.

I'll test and report later on.

Thanks,

Don Bryant