Starting my own daguerreotipy studio.

From: Agustin (abarrutia@velocom.com.ar)
Date: 04/20/03-11:50:55 AM Z

Phillip. It´s me again.

I finally got the money I needed to get the whole equipment for
daguerreotipy and start my own "studio". I´ll buy the back for the Rollei,
I´ll order the sensibilization and developing boxes (just in case I need to
use hot mercury or if I plan to use bromide or hot mercury in the future),
I´ll buy the buffing wheel and the correspondent buffs and rouges, the
Iodide and mercury, the silver plates, I´ll make my own Uv soucre, and the
filter for the bequerel development.
I´d like to know what your recomendations are.
 First of all, what filter should I use for bequerel?. Where can I get
them?.
Would you recomend a flouorescent bank or an incandescent one?. wich lamps
or tubes should I get? How many?. The possitive part of flouorescent
lighting is that they don´t get as hot as incandescent lamps do, but I don´t
know if the Uv spectrum and intensity is smaller.
Do you recomend any kind of lighting for studio shots (budgetwise please).
Then, is there any recomendations you can give me related to the design of
the sensibilization and development boxes?. I´m planning to make them in
wood, and to leave room for a thin silk (from what I read in the
www.daguerre.org articles). In that site, they recomended a 45º angle for
the plate to sensibilize and develop, but I´m not shure if thats important
or not (my teacher doesn´t use that technique not he uses the silk between
the iodide and the plate).
And last, but not least, what kind of buffing wheel should I buy?.
I think those are all my doubts.
I´ll be more than gratefull if you or anyone in the list could help me with
my doubts.
Oh! and the budget is short (and in argentinian pesos).

Sincerely,

Agustin Barrutia.

---