Re: John Hurlock's cold mercury development / was Slowest development

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 04/06/03-08:50:54 PM Z

Hello Agustin,

Good luck with your polishing technique, I'm sure you'll find the right touch.
One thing to be certain of is that everything remain absolutely as dry as
possible.
The buffing wheels will attract moisture so you need to keep them warm somehow
even when not in use with dry heat or in a box with a drying agent of some kind.

I use calcium chloride for this..

You may wish to explore the use of Plumbago or Graphite for your polishing
agent.
Very fine lamp black also works well as long as it is perfectly dry and has no
oil
associated with it.