Sizing don't

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 04/22/03-07:16:26 AM Z

This was my own idea and maybe it never would have occurred to anyone
else, but just in case anyone gets the idea to mix gelatin and acrylic
medium, don't bother.

I got the idea because I have a friend who swears by a mixture of
gelatin and acrylic gesso for sizing; he was so enthusiastic about it
that I gave it a try, but I liked neither the gesso "feel" nor its
white-white color. But just for the heck of it, I tried acrylic medium
instead. What I got was a sizing that can't stand soaking. Half an hour
okay, but if you leave it more than an hour or so, the sizing breaks
down and the image breaks up into serious graininess and splotching.
kt