Re: Satista

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 04/22/03-02:20:26 PM Z

A few questions about the Satista process.

1. In what way is the final print like or unlike a kallitype print
that has either been toned in pt/pd, or to which pt/pd has been added
to the sensitizing solution. By this question I mean to ask if there
is a different, unique look that is rendered?

2. Is there some archival advantage to the process over regular
kallitype, or is Satista just another variation of making a
silver/iron print based on ferric oxalate?

Sandy King