Re: Satista

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/22/03-02:59:02 PM Z

HI Snady

I make a lot of Satista+ when Dick Sullivan Revive it with the glycerin
development.
I use all I got under the hand to make it. And I think it is the easiest way
to get split tone . With special mixture as Faox + gold and palladium you
have warm dark tone and cold highlight. I appreciate the proces for is
easiness to give split tone.

When I make all this try I also une a final bath of nitric acid to see what
stay on the paper, what the % of noble vs silver, and in most case 80% (read
with a densitometer)stayed. so ouse 1/8less and get only 1/8 less stability.
Sure this wor only for special dilution if you use to less platinum, gold or
palladium this result doesn't stand. As at some ratio of noble salt , the
develoment is something complex mixing reation of silver with ferric salt,
and toning of this siver by the unused noble salt. So to less noble to few
toning .

SO comapre to the other s ferric silver salt process:
---it can give sevral color depending on the noble and additive in the
sensitizer
--- no nedd of toning
--- same timeing as zia, some say to dry completly the paper but this can be
avoid. THe paper need a good drying but just with cold air (10-15min) in
this case you 've got a nice printing out image which help to make image
whitout test. ( it also add the self masking effect and stand more density)

I hope That I am understanable.

regards

Amicalement

Nzé Christian