Re: Some Vellum

From: Kerik (Kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/23/03-01:17:11 PM Z

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:08:58 +0000, <jeffbuck@swcp.com> wrote:

> Clay: I don't understand the second clause of Paragraph 4: What's the
> "crinkling zone"? -jb

Because of the amount of expansion of the vellum when wet, it wrinkles
severely at the boundary between the coated and uncoated areas. This is why
it's better to coat a larger area than you need, then trim off the Crinkle
Zone. Because the paper is so thin and doesn't absorb alot of sensitizer,
you can coat a much bigger area with the same amount of sensitizer you
would use on a smaller area on "normal" paper. For example, I coat an are
approximately 10"x20" for a 7"x17" print.

Kerik