Re: Mouldy cyanotype solution

From: Scott Wainer (smwbmp@starpower.net)
Date: 04/26/03-06:52:29 PM Z

Hi Don,

With most traditional formulas, adding a few Thymol crystals will keep the
solution from getting mouldy. In my experience, the mould has never effected
the printability of the solution except when an occasional blob got on the
paper. It can successfully be removed via filtering but will reappear later.
I am currently using Mike Ware's formula which doesn't seem to get mouldy
though it is slightly harder to make. Have you tried it yet?

Scott
smwbmp@starpower.net