Re: Mouldy cyanotype solution

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 04/26/03-09:40:37 PM Z

Scott,

> With most traditional formulas, adding a few Thymol crystals will keep the
> solution from getting mouldy. In my experience, the mould has never
effected
> the printability of the solution except when an occasional blob got on the
> paper. It can successfully be removed via filtering but will reappear
later.

I would prefer not to have it all. I've never had this problem until that
last few months when I mixed a 500cc bottle.

> I am currently using Mike Ware's formula which doesn't seem to get mouldy
> though it is slightly harder to make. Have you tried it yet?

Yes I keep both mixed up and will use one or the other depending on the
image. Generally speaking it has been my experience that the Ware formula
seems to compress highligths a bit more than I wish at times.

Guess I'm not holding my mouth right.

Thanks,

Don