Van Dyke problem

From: Margery (margeryfranklin@att.net)
Date: 04/27/03-08:57:20 PM Z

I've just started making Van Dyke prints, following procedures from a great workshop (Christopher James) in which I produced fine prints. Using same formulas, same paper (Arches Platinotype), attempting same coating process and other procedures, I am getting VERY murky (one might say-- muddy) prints.
Is this due to too much sensitizer on paper? Problem with chemicals (kit from Photo Formulary, solution aged 72 hours? or ? ? ?
Eagerlly await replies. Thanks.
Margery