Len maintenance...

From: Christopher Lovenguth (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/28/03-01:37:06 PM Z

Hi all, I just bought this huge (largest lens I've ever seen) Wollensak
Vitax No.4 F3.8 16in. I think I'm going to need a separate tripod just for
this lens...just kidding. Anyway, I was wondering what you all would
recommend to lube up the threads of the lens and the iris. The iris moves
pretty well and in fact I will only be using this with the iris wide open
for my dags (which is the reason I bought it in the first place) but I might
as well restore this lens as much as possible to its glory years.

Thanks for any suggestions...

-Chris