Re: Just Kallitype Now, was Re: Platinum Heresy, was Re: Satista

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 04/28/03-06:24:53 PM Z

Sandy:

One thought occurred to me as this comparison of the two processes has
unfolded. Does Kallitype offer the same wide range in contrast control
that is now available in pt/pd printing with the Na2 metal salt
(without image degradation) ?

How do you control contrast of the print in your working methodology,
and what sort of range do you have? In the tests I have run, the pd
process can now handle a negative density range of anywhere from 0.9
to 2.1 with very little image quality problems at the lower end of that
range.

Just curious what the practical working limits might be in kallitype.

Clay