Re: RAW files

From: Phillip Murphy (pmurf@bellsouth.net)
Date: 08/02/03-06:35:10 AM Z

Hi Judy,

Although it does weigh in at 14.5 oz, the little Canon G3 produces a RAW format:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh2/controller/home;jsessionid=1rqbCMP8DJ!241023692?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=262061&is=REG

I believe that each camera in the "Powershot" line produces a RAW file for
download.
Currently, I'm using a Nikon D1x at work with the Adobe RAW plugin for Photoshop
7 in OSX.
Having a quick step for transferring RAW files into Photoshop has been a great
advantage when
working with great volumes of images taken in mixed lighting setups. Using the
plugin is similar to
using scanner software in that you can create an optimum "starting point" for
Photoshop manipulation.
All of your curve adjustments and white balancing ... etc. are done prior to
bringing the image into
Photoshop proper.

best regards,

Phillip