RAW files

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/01/03-11:06:02 PM Z

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 Ender100@aol.com wrote:
> By the way, this month's Shutterbug has a good article on RAW files and the
> Photoshop RAW plugin.

You guys are talking a language that many civilians don't comprehend, so
hope you'll excuse dumb question(s)....

According to the B&H catalog, no digital camera does raw files at the size
and weight I want (I want 8 oz or less. the D-100 is 15 oz, the D1X they
don't give weight for but looks like MUCH more camera than I want.)

My question is, does that RAW plug-in do what the name implies? Or, what
DOES it do?

Does "this month's Shutterbug" mean August?

thanks....

Judy