Re: inkjet negs palladium prints

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 08/05/03-12:41:43 PM Z

Philippe and all,

Scanning a digital image is not recommended for the purpose of the
comparison you are trying to make (IMO). While the scanning part is not a
problem, my experience is that at any given scanning resolution the digital
artifacts in the original digital (I'm not sure we can call a digital image
an original) artwork begin to show in the resulting copy/scan. The net
effect is that you can not be sure of what you are looking at and any
comparison of that result would show it to be highly inferior to a scan of a
continuous tone fim image.

My 2¢, FWIW.