Re: Epson C82 Printer and Digital Negatives

From: Larry Roohr (larry.roohr@comcast.net)
Date: 08/12/03-08:59:43 AM Z

Mark,

For the life of me I cant remember where I got this info, it might come
to me later and I'll let you know. You can see it with a loupe on
pictorico since every dot is distinct. The result of this is you dont
get that violent upsweep of density when the black generation kicks in.
I've found it is impossible to control with curves without some
posterization happening in the lighter (print) tones. I've also come to
believe, without verifying it, that you do get more uv density with
these inks than a densitometer would tell you. I get about a 1.3 max
density with this mode on my densitometer.

Larry