Re: Pt/PD Paper for Superior resolution

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 08/17/03-09:35:27 PM Z

RE: Pt/PD Paper for Superior resolutionNick

>I can not believe how well this stuff takes the Quad black inks from my
1160. I also hope to try an print a negative test.

I printed a few positive and negative images tonight onto Clearprint 1000HP
with my 1160 using the Piezo driver. The paper is able to handle a lot of
ink. In my case the ink was still wet when the paper was ejected but seems
to dry quickly. However there does seem to be quite a dot gain with the
paper softening the details more than I would like perhaps. The pad of paper
that I bought (18x24) indicates that Clear Print also makes an Ink Jet
vellum that may be more suitable for making inkjet prints and negatives.
Unfortunately there web address as printed on the pad cover is dead so I
can't get any further information about there other products.

More to Sandy's question though. The stuff is a little thin - probably
slightly lighter than 20lb Xerox copy paper.

The 1000HP is a 20lb. paper.

> For those of you who have followed my search for the right combination of
inks and substrates for both negs and prints on the same printer/ink
combination, I'm getting closer.

I haven't forgotten about your tests!

Don Bryant