RE: densitometer and pyro

From: Monnoyer Philippe (monnoyer@imec.be)
Date: 08/19/03-04:47:48 AM Z

Hello Arie,

I don't have my charts at hand, but I can tell you that a density of around 2.4 measured in blue (do you have a color head with your densitometer ?) on a pyro neg (FP4+) is as dense as a 3.2 non pyro step. In other words, a 2.4 (blue density) pyro neg will print as a 3.2 (normal white light) unstained neg (for FP4+). The stain is very dependant on the film you use. For example, AGFA films hardly stain, ilford FP4+ and PANF are staining strongly.
I have more detailed info. Yo can contact me offlist later.

Philippe