RE: Salted Prints

From: Loris Medici (lorism@tnn.net)
Date: 08/21/03-11:14:17 PM Z

Thanks all: I'm definitely convinced that I should buy silver nitrate in
crystal form. :)

I see some prefer to size and salt the paper at the same time, others
prefer to size first, then salt... I can see that the former is much
quicker and less complex. Is there any distinct advantage in separating
sizing and salting operations?

I have access to 80 and 240 baumé (was it 260? - not sure) gelatine.
Should I opt for 80 baumé (powder) gelatine (because it is easier to
dissolve in water) or opt for 240/260 baumé hard form (maybe storage is
easier when rigid - less exposure to humidity)?

Thanks in advance,
Loris.