Re: Salted Prints

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/21/03-10:34:32 PM Z

I think it bears saying that silver nitrate in crystal form keeps
indefinitely and is considerably cheaper than getting solutions, which
would also limit you to that percent. I bought a kilo for less than $200
years ago, keep it in the heavy plastic bag in the cardboard drum it came
in, have supplied my classes, among others, and mixed in various
strengths, including 20% -- and the remainder is still bright white and
apparently good as new.

You can also buy just a pound, but in this country at least I think even
100 grams would be much cheaper than getting in solution.

Judy