Re: metal halide grow lights as a light source

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk)
Date: 08/22/03-01:19:55 AM Z

On 20/8/03 23:03, "Leonard Peterson" <windpoint@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any input using metal halide grow lights as a light source?
> I see them on Ebay for around $300.00. Is there another lower cost way to use
> and buy thses lights? Thanks for the help! Len
>

> Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls.
> <http://g.msn.com/8HMLENUS/2734??PS=>

Leonard I use a 400w metal halide light source which works well. Exposures
with gum printing vary from 1-6 mins.

The unit I bought included lamp, reflector and ballast. The reflector is
adjustable and provides excellent coverage with very little light falloff at
the edges.

Highly recommended
Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>